* Start out simple, like turning a hand print into a picture that they can recognize as an object they may have just learned about.
* Connect the art project to a lesson, song or story that you just did. (ie. 5 Little Fishies song, What do you call a bunch of fish question, or any number of stories about fish)
* Show them the connection between words and pictures. This little project could be captioned "I'm not a fish but I go to school."
* Ask them to come up with their own creature that they can make out of their hand print.
* Have plenty of googly eyes, yarn, markers, crayons and laughter on hand.
Just have fun!!